Monday, February 25, 2008

A Little Too Far Mr. Weezy

Okay, when Lil Wayne came out years ago with The Block Is Hot I thought it was sweet (and still do for that matter). I went through a weird phase in my life and forgot how sweet/hilarious mainstream rap is (if it wasn't "underground", forget it). Enter 2007... all the pretentious music is still there but there has been a rediscovering of radio rap. Enter Lil Wayne again. First off I was pumped and shocked that Lil Weezy was still making jams. Then I got pumped by how ridiculous his lyrics had gotten. I think he may have just crossed the line, though. In his new song (just posted on The Fader website) with Flo-Rida called American Superstar Lil Wayne proclaims, "I've got money on money on money on money on top of mo' money on top of my shit like flies." Don't get me wrong, this song is still sweet... but he already used up his wild card on the song Crack House with Fat Joe.

The moral of this entry... Lil Wayne is most definitely cooler than you.


Vince

No comments: