Monday, January 28, 2008

marchin, crankin, whateva

Kanye made a post about marching bands, so I am going to make a post about marching bands. Many people are unaware of the world of competitive marching bands (which include months of preparation, physical exhaustion, props, electronics, flags and showy choreography, weekends away from home, and no social life outside of the band). I myself was in marching band for three years, and quit due to my realization of it being unfly, but maybe I was wrong. Decidedly so, my problem isn't with marching bands; it is with how marching bands present themselves. Inner-city schools don't care about the quality of music/how well they are playing their instruments, they care about grooving, having fun, and crankin that fo yall.

I have made a comparison, the former being my high school's marching band five years after I was in it; the latter some really fly marching band I have already forgotten they were from.
Julez


No comments: